Sunday, June 27

Can I have one?

A Dragon.  I want one.

Again this past weekend I went to a movie at the dollar theater.  However, this time I wished that I had gone to see it earlier.

How to Train Your Dragon - I went to see this movie late Friday night.  In short, it blew me away.  I had heard good things about it from friends, and I had read a few reviews of it online, all of which were full of praise for it, but I didn't want to get my hopes up to high.  I mean, it's from Dreamworks, after all.  They make good solid movies, but let's face it, they're no Pixar.  Perhaps it was because of my low expectations that I was so thoroughly impressed.  Hiccup, a misfit viking in a village full of dragon-killers, finds and befriends one of them, a dragon.  All sorts of hijinks ensue, both funny and touching.  This is probably the first non-Pixar movie that I would feel perfectly fine putting up on the same level with the rest of Pixar's films.  And coming from me, that's high praise indeed.  If you have yet to see this movie, go see it.  Like, right now.  Final rating: 4.5/5

Also, I hear there's a sequel in the works too.  :)

1 comment: