Thursday, January 13

Thoughts

So, I'm sitting in one of the many Linux labs on the campus of Brigham Young University, realizing that this is pretty much what my life is going to look like for the next two years.

And on that happy note, here goes a post about nothing in particular.  :)

I'm slowly realizing that this semester is probably going to be my hardest yet.  I have two classes in which I have homework assigned every class period.  These aren't just pansy busy-work assignments either.  Heck, I already have a test in my Linear Algebra class.  3 weeks into the semester.  That's ridiculous.

On top of that, I'm in CS 240, which I've heard from everyone who's ever taken it is simply a beast of a class.  The big project that's due near the end of the semester supposedly takes close to 100 hours of coding time.  And all of that in a brand new programming language that I've never used before.  Bleh..... 

On the other hand, I do have some crazy awesome classes this semester as well.  I have gold level social dance, yet again.  I've enjoyed this class every time I take it, and I'm sure this semester will be no exception.  It's definitely a nice break from the daily grind.  Additionally, I'm in a beginning guitar class.  Now, I haven't played guitar since 8th grade, when I took that for my Jr. High music credit.  However, I find that I've really enjoyed it so far, even though my fingers hurt a bunch after I've been playing for a while.  Hopefully I can get some sweet songs learned.  And then play them.  And be awesome.

In other news, I went to a concert a couple nights ago.  Me and a couple friends went up to Salt Lake to see Chris Carrabba in a solo performance of his first Dashboard album, Swiss Army Romance.  It was an awesome show, but probably the coolest part was one of the opening bands called Lady Danville.  I was completely blown away by their performance.  The drummer was using his bare hands for crying out loud!  Also, they had some really sweet vocal harmonies going on.  Because the venue was so small, they actually came out after their set and just chatted with people by their merch table.  I got to shake their hands and talk with them for a bit.  Turns out, they met at UCLA, in the a cappella group there.  That's why they have such sweet vocals!  Anyway, they're a really sweet band.  Check them out.



On that note, I'd better get some programming done tonight, and I think I'll listen to some Lady Danville as I do so.  Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. Guitar! That is so exciting! Do you have Lawrence Green? If so you will love him. He's so chill - and good at teaching a whole big class. We will have to have a jam session! You, me and Kels! That would be a blast.

    ReplyDelete