Tuesday, July 13

101 List 1 Month Update

Well, it's now been officially one month since I started my 101 list, so I figure it's time for a quick update.  I've completed 5 goals already, and there are 3 more that are in progress.

Completed goals:
13 - See a movie I've never heard of without learning anything about it
I completed this goal last night, actually, when I watched a movie called Harold and Maude with some friends.  I've been saving up reviews of several movies to post all at once, so this one is forthcoming.  The short review is that I liked it, although it's fairly odd in places.
14 - Run a 5K race
I completed this goal last Saturday, the 10th.  I finished with a final time of 29:10, which I hear is pretty good for my first 5K.  More detailed recap of this race is also forthcoming, possibly later tonight or tomorrow.
63 - Go to the dentist
I went, I promise.
73 - Climb a tree
This one was fun!  I went with some friends to Kiwanis park here in Provo, and we climbed nearly to the top of a tree.  We were so high that we could see out to Utah Lake.
100 - Get a library card
This is the first goal I completed, and has actually helped a lot with several of my other reading goals.  I've definitely enjoyed having a library close to my apartment.

Goals in progress:
3 - Read my height (5'8") in books
I'm sad to say that in a month, I've only read one book.  I need to pick up the pace on this one if I want to finish it.  I read Everything Is Illuminated (1") by Jonathan Safran Foer, and I was really impressed.  Like the movie reviews, I'll be saving several book reviews to post at once.
5 - Watch 26 movies I've never seen starting with each letter of the alphabet
I've watched 5 movies for this list:
B - Behind Enemy Lines
C - Clash of the Titans (2010)
H - How to Train Your Dragon
S - Surrogates
T - Toy Story 3
40 - Eat at 20 new restaurants
I went to eat at a place called Thai Mango with my coworkers last week.  It was decent food, but not incredible.  I'd probably go again, if the opportunity arose.  On the other hand, I probably won't go out of my way to visit again.

Well, that's where I'm at so far.  I'll probably give another update in another month, so until then, stay tuned for more reviews and randomness.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment