Friday, July 9

Multi-sensory Aesthetic Experience

On my way to work this morning, I was listening to an mp3 mix that I made.  A song by Mae came on, and yet again I realized what an awesome yet unknown band they are. 

I first heard of them in high school, but I never actually listened to them.  Then, about a year ago, I got their first two albums from a friend.  'Destination: Beautiful' was alright, but not like crazy good.  Then I listened to 'The Everglow' and I was hooked.  I loved how the album was laid out like a story, complete with prologue and epilogue tracks.  Later, I acquired and listened to 'Singularity,' their third studio album.  One of my favorite songs by them (Sic Semper Tyrannis) is on this album, and it happens to be the same song that came on this morning in my car on the way to work.  

This isn't meant to be a review of them as a band, or of any of their albums.  I'm just trying to spread the word about a band that I enjoy.  Here's a link to a grooveshark playlist with these three albums on it in order of release date.  There's more than that to hear from them, but this is a good start.

Enjoy!

P.S. Mae is actually an acronym for Multi-sensory Aesthetic Experience.  One of their EPs was actually a scratch-and-sniff, right on the disk!

No comments:

Post a Comment