Tuesday, July 6

Lavender 5K

So, I just registered for my first 5K on Saturday.  It's down in Mona, and it actually goes right through fields of lavender.  It should be pretty sweet.  I've never been much of a runner, so this is kind of a big deal for me.  I've been doing some training, although admittedly not as much as I should have.  It's ok, though.  Since this is the first time I'll be running a 5K, I'm not too worried about running it extremely fast, I'm mostly just concerned with finishing.  The only downside to this race is the fact that it starts at 7 AM.  On a Saturday morning.  I generally don't do mornings.  Oh well.  It'll be worth it, since it'll be a lot cooler in the morning, and I won't die of heat.

Well, wish me luck, and I'll give a recap of the run this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment